Tuesday, 20 March 2012
Thanks to our fab photographer Mark for all his hard work!
Wednesday, 14 March 2012
Participation in out of school activities helps children success at school.
It's easy to get involved. Here are our 5 top tips on how to engage your child with CU.
1. Visit our website to find out if your child’s school is registered. Encourage your child to take up opportunities offered by the school and to attend regularly.
2. To collect extra credits, buy a Passport to Learning at a library for £2 and sign the front page so your child can collect credits at Learning Destinations
3. Encourage your child to join in other activities in your area
4. Recommend good organisations to us if they are not already CU Learning Destinations
5. Come along to the CU ceremonies when invited and celebrate your child’s success!
Thursday, 1 March 2012
Collectively these children have managed to clock up a staggering 15,390 hours taking part in a wide range of activities, both at school and in our growing number of Learning Destinations across the city. From singing songs in the woodland, to learning how to juggle in the circus, to finding out how to take care of animals at Heeley City Farm, to learning how to speak arabic on a Saturday morning, the children invited to attend will be celebrated for their huge commitment to learning with National Award certificates and special Sheffield CU badges.
Our secondary students will also be celebrated in April when we hold our prestigious secondary awards ceremony in the fantastic Pennine Lecture Theatre at Sheffield Hallam University.
This spells a very busy time at Sheffield CU HQ as we organise the ceremonies, send out the invitations and prepare all the awards for the children and young people. However busy it seems though, it is undoubtedly the best part of the job. We can't wait to see you at the ceremony!